Sunday, March 21, 2010

SOUNDS LIKE EDGAR ALLEN POE???? by Chris Keys

Sounds like Edgar Allen Poe???  by Chris Keys author of Reprisal! The Eagle Rises!
Another writer said that this sounded like Edgar Allen Poe, Do you?

I heard the beating of his fingers on the tell tale keys, he's blogging again as easy as he pleases. I crept up close to have just a peek, when suddenly he turns and begins to speak.


"Watch where you’re stepping the boards are quite loose and please duck your head, so it does not accidentally slip into the noose. I tried to warn the last customer too. But he wouldn’t listen or take any off my clues. So he crept up and looked over my shoulder. His move was quite rash and couldn't have been bolder. But I stood my ground, for these words I write in jest; for I am such private man I had cleaved open his chest. I buried him there, right under the floor and now I hear the sound of hearts beating and the damn bird keeps saying never more! Never more!

Well it may not be as good as old Edgar wrote, but it's an example of the freedom you have as a writer. You can explore the depths of your soul or just play around the edges. Writing opens up the imagination to a whole host of possibilities and only you limit where it can take you! So I'll say it again, Go write something, it doesn't matter what, even if it's grocery list, but write it with passion and enthusiasm. Chris Keys- "Write what you know, write it with passion-set the world on fire with your dreams! Write your own Reprisal! The Eagle Rises!

No comments:

Post a Comment